40 year old male with lower back pain for 10 years
- This patient had lower back pain for 10 years. He had tried the normal things such as exercising, anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers.
- His main concern was getting out of the car after a long drive.
- He is a company representative so driving is part of his job and livelihood.
- Looking at his back; increased lumbar lordosis (inward curve of you lower back) see photo
- Treatment: Specific manual therapy to left sacroiliac joint to decrease extension of lumbar spine and pelvis plus dry needling to tight left and right lumbar spine para spinal muscles.
- Good symptomatic relief.
- But the big fix come with correcting his posture (he had an increased lordosis, made worse in his car by pumping up the lumbar support).
- Exercises that were given to him to reduce lordosis were; improvement of core stability and restoring normal movement patterns to his lumbar spine.
- COULD THIS BE YOU?
You need to be doing the right exercises to correct the problem. Any of our physios are happy to assess and advise on appropriate exercises and/or postural corrections.
Move Well, Stay Well